With just a day to go to the combined special event hosted by Nokia and Microsoft in New York, The Verge reports that the Finnish handset maker will reveal the Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 smartphones at the event.
Images of both the Lumia 820 and 920 surfaced online last week and teased that the devices will come with Nokia’s PureView. While The Verge confirms that the Lumia 920 will carry the PureView branding (Lumia 820 may not be branded as PureView), it will feature an 8MP camera and not the 41MP camera as seen in the Nokia 808.
Further details indicate that the Lumia 920 will be powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM and feature 32GB of internal storage. Earlier leaks of a 4.5-inch HD display have also been confirmed.
Nokia’s Lumia 820, on the other hand, will come with 8GB of built-in storage. The company is providing a microSD slot to expand this further. The device will feature a 1.5GHz dual-core processor and 1GB RAM just like its big brother, the Lumia 920. The Lumia 820 also allows for interchangeable rear covers in different colours, just like the Lumia 710.
We can’t help but wonder if these indeed are the codenamed Arrow (Lumia 820) and Phi (Lumia 920) devices that Nokia plans to unveil, or will they have some other arrows in their arsenal (bad pun, sorry!). We’ll just have to wait and watch!
- Nokia Lumia 820 announced – 4.3 Inch AMOLED Display, 1.5Ghz Processor, 8MP Camera and more
- Monster announced Nokia Purity Pro wireless stereo headset | Price | Specifications | Features | Availability
- Nokia silently launches the new Dual SIM feature phone, Nokia 110
- Nokia enhances its Low End Feature Phone range, announces Nokia 110 & Nokia 112 along with Nokia 111 & Nokia 113
- Ericsson in pole position to buy Nokia Siemens BSS unit – report